Photo of Attorney Russell William Ray

Call For A Free Case Evaluation: 703-552-4028

Small Firm With Big Benefits

Call For A Free Case Evaluation: 703-552-4028

Positive Results Start With An Experienced Firm

Photo of Attorney Russell William Ray
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Child Custody And Visitation
  4.  » Child Relocation

Can An Springfield Parent Relocate With Their Child?

If you live here in Fairfax County or northern Virginia, you know that people come and go from our area with greater frequency than almost anywhere else. When one of those people is a divorced parent who wants to take his or her child along, the situation can quickly become contentious.

According to Virginia law, a parent intending to relocate with a child must provide the other parent with at least 30 days prior notice of his or her intention to move. If your child resides primarily with his or her other parent, you need to act quickly to stop the parent from moving and avoid losing access to your child.

At Russell W. Ray, PLLC, we want to help you do what is best for your family. We know that the changes following a divorce are difficult to handle, so it is important for you to have consistent contact with your child and to be able to provide for their well-being.

We Help Military Members Who Are Deployed Overseas

Because of our experience in military family law issues, we are familiar with the special protections the law affords to military members who are deployed overseas. If you are a military service member with custody of your child and are being deployed overseas, we will work to protect your parental rights.

Speak To A Lawyer Today

Contact our firm at 703-552-4028 or email us as soon as possible to speak to a skilled attorney if you suddenly find yourself in a child relocation dispute.

We serve Springfield , Fairfax County and Prince William County and Northern Virginia.